N-Judah track work disrupts Muni service
Much of the work on the tracks is outside of the Ocean Beach area on Duboce Street and Carl Street, but Muni will replace track switches at the end of Judah Street between 47th and 48th avenues. That work will mean changes for traffic and parking until 3 p.m. Monday.
Traffic impacts on the western end of the N-Judah line:
- Judah Street between 47th and 48th avenues will require partial lane closures in both directions.
- Traffic control officers and police officers will direct traffic at critical intersections.
- Street parking will not be available in and around the construction sites.
- Temporary bus stops on Frederick Street (two at Cole and one at Stanyan) for the N bus shuttles will require parking removal as will a bus stop on the northeast corner of Market and Church streets and equipment staging on 47th and 48th avenues just south of Judah.
- Electronic message signs will be used in affected areas to alert traffic
- Local access will be granted and all local businesses will remain open.
Impacts on Muni service:
- N Judah bus shuttles will operate all weekend between Ocean Beach and Church Street.
- The first outbound stop will be on the northeast corner of Market and Church streets **This is a change from last weekend**
- From La Playa to Arguello the N buses will follow the regular N Line route.
- East of Arguello the N service will re-route around the construction and street closure.
- The service will run as an express between Cole and Frederick and Castro and Duboce.
- N Owl bus service will be rerouted from Carl Street onto Frederick Street.
Muni’s N-Judah rail-replacement project is scheduled to continue every weekend through the first weekend of April.