How to Submit an Ocean Beach Recollection
Deeply tied into the vision and purpose of the Ocean Beach Bulletin is the concept of the Ocean Beach Recollection. We want to be a news organization that speaks to the community, but also listens to and provides a voice for our readers. In order to achieve this, we have an open call to any and all readers to submit musings, memories, thoughts or feelings about Ocean Beach and its surrounding neighborhoods. Did you grow up here? Did you fall in love here? Buy your first house here? Any fond, furious, fanciful, or even fantastic thoughts about the Beach and the neighborhood are welcome.
A few points to mention before you roll up your sleeves and start typing:
- First off, our submission form is pretty basic right now. We are working on making it more sophisticated. In the mean time, the best approach for submitting, to allow great ease of re-reading your submission, is to type your recollection in a word processor, and then copy-and-paste it into our submission form.
- We will not publish your submission if you do not supply a real name, and a real email address.
- Understand that in submitting your piece, you are giving us the rights to publish this, and to potentially use it again in the future. It’s your story, but it also becomes something that we can share with others.
- We will be in touch about your submission. And if you have any further questions, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org
That’s pretty much the scoop. In terms of content, we are deliberately being vague. It’s your story to tell, not ours, so use whatever guidelines you feel are appropriate. We will try to remain as true to your submission as we can…with general decency in mind. We’re not against a bit of silliness, but we’re definitely not interested in being crude for crude’s sake. But we recognize that Ocean Beach caters to a wide audience, and hope to hear from the full gamut of opinions.
We appreciate all submissions and look forward to hearing your stories about Ocean Beach.
- Tweets that mention How to Submit an Ocean Beach Recollection | The Ocean Beach Bulletin -- Topsy.com
- Susan Suval - Weaving and Surfboard Shaping, an Ocean Beach Recollection. | The Ocean Beach Bulletin